Friday, May 9, 2008

Unfinished

When I dream, they have a beginning and an end. It has been like this for always, since I was little. Much to my amazement, last night I had two dreams and both were unfinished, tapering off at an uncomfortable place. I was left hanging at a point of decisions with no resolution. My dreams don't usually do this to me.

The first dream:
There was a new haunted mystery house in town, and I wanted to go. It wasn't easy to gain admittance because not only was the price high, but a puzzle needed to be solved. A group of friends (all fictional except one-Dr. Susan) had agreed to pay my entry if I solved the puzzle. I'm good at solving puzzles. At the main gate, this large archaic stone archway, there was an invisible impenetrable barrier. I noticed a few colored stones scattered about, and quickly realized they needed to be thrown through the barrier in a sequence. After a few mistakes, I figured it out; tossing a blue, green, purple, red, yellow, and black stone, in that order, through the invisible gate. A noise, much like a pinball machine, indicated the correct sequence was entered, and we went through. We immediately found ourselves in a medieval inn, a maid bustling around us. There was a large rectangular table filled with food to prepare us for a journey. The walls, floors, and ceiling were wooden, but a dirt path showed us the direction to start. Another archway above it revealed the image of a dragon. Susan turned to the maid.
"If this is an Inn, is there a place to sleep?"
The maid showed Susan a small bed chamber. Susan apologized for her tiredness, explaining how the last few days at the clinic was hectic, and was quickly asleep. My other friends, who were not about to wait, started the journey without me. I was caught between two decisions. Do I wait for Susan to wake up, or follow my friends?

This is where the dream ended. Normally when I wake up, it is easy for me to go back to sleep and finish a dream, but this did not happen.


The second dream:
I was riding on a large motorcycle through Houston. My ex-husband David, and twin sister, Amy, were riding behind me. At a large highway intersection, I realized I didn't know the way to go, and the three of us got off the motorcycle to switch positions. David was driving, Amy rode in the center, and as I was climbing on behind her; the motorcycle took off without me. I chased them for a few feet, but the motorcycle zipped out of sight. Apparently Amy didn't indicate to David that I was left behind. A Racetrack gas station was nearby, and I went there to wait, sitting on a yellow curb until night fell around me. No one ever came.

The dream ended abruptly and I awakened in thought, wondering if anyone would ever find me, or if I was important enough to anyone for them to come back. Even as I got out of bed to take a shower, one foot seemed to linger lazily in my dream world, fighting for an outcome, while the other was fighting for reality and wakefulness. Sometimes my dreams indicate that something in my life is bothering me, and I just haven't figured it out yet. Because of this, my brain will continue to work on this conundrum, until a solution or parallel is discovered.

No comments:

My Favorites