Friday, May 16, 2008

Another Wierd Dream

The Dream:

My grandmother, Meme, and I have gone fishing. As we are walking in the sand, I explain to her that I enjoy the ocean marine life better the fresh water, as it is more interesting. While we are talking, I see a fisherman struggling to reel in a catch. It is a gigantic axolotl. Looking out across the lake, I can see there are dozens of them. The creatures are over seven feet long, and one has a horn on its head, like the narwhal.

Axolotls are real, except they rarely grow over twelve inches. They are also known as Mexican Walking Fish. An axolotl is the larval stage of a salamander, but due to habitat; it doesn't develop that way. My father gave me one in High School. It was an albino and I named him Oliver. When I was in third grade, my father shipped a bunch of newts and salamanders as a Christmas present. I remember the newts and salamanders were easier to feed. Oliver was aggressive and would bite. I used to feed my other amphibians with my fingers, but had to feed the axolotl with tweezers. One time, Oliver bit the tweezers so hard, I couldn't get them out of his mouth. Eventually we became friends, but I was never able to feed him with my fingers. Here is a picture that looks exactly like Oliver. Cute!

No comments:

My Favorites